Where to Find Opportunities to Use Schema-Markup in Only 2 Minutes
Most law firms don't realize how important schema-markup is, and so many marketing companies just don't prioritize it. This is a huge mistake because schema-markup is a great opportunity to dominate the top of search results.
Share this story
Schema markup is code that goes on a website to help search engines return more informative results for users. Schema codifies your data, telling the search engines what it means, not just what it says.
According to Dan Branda, CEO of Branding Company, “Most law firms don't realize how important schema-markup is, and so many marketing companies just don't prioritize it. This is a huge mistake because schema-markup is a great opportunity to dominate the top of search results.”
This markup is a key way to tell search engines exactly what a given website is about, which will help them serve it up on SERPs for the correct search queries.
One way to check to ensure that your site is using schema markup is to enter their URL in Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool. You’ll be able to check to see if all the correct info about the law firm has been included.
To add schema-markup to your website, especially your landing pages:
- Take a quick look at the keywords and SERP results to understand the user intent when they click thru to your page. This will give you the best value.
- Identify the markups (reviews, events, articles, services, etc.) that will be a good fit for your website.
- Create a content map and tag the markup you will use for each page.
- While highlighting/adding information in the markup fields, add information that a visitor will find most helpful.
- Add Schema markup, either with Schema markup generator or (if a WordPress site), All In One Schema Rich Snippets."
According to schema.org, 10,000 to 50,000 domains (or ten percent of law firms) are using some sort of Attorney-related schema—which means there is plenty of room to implement it and get a head start on others.
What kind of elements can be highlighted with schema in a law firm's website?
- Legal Service - identify the site as providing legal services. Note that the schema for Attorney has been deprecated.
- Organization - identifies the address, area served, awards, diversity policy, employees, founder(s), and founding date.
- Place - mentions the address, logo, telephone, and map.
- Local Business - states the opening hours and pricing for services.
You can also aim to appear in Google's Featured Snippet by giving a detailed or step-by-step answer to a common question.
By example, if you succinctly answer what steps a business must take in order to protect its trademark, you can appear as Google's first result.
Want Branding Company To Do It All For You?
Because 84% of searchers skip paid ads and click on organic results, Search Engine Optimization is the base of every package we offer at Branding Company, including a new Schema-ready website for your firm.
We simply do not see a reliable, long-term digital marketing strategy that works without SEO. Your business needs to be on Page 1 of Google because 4 out of 5 consumers start the buying process online and 90% never see page 2. If you're not on page 1, you're losing customers to your competition.
Helpful Local SEO Tools
News & Promotions
The faster your law firm's site loads, the longer visitors stay connected and the lower your bounce rate. If your bounce rate is too high, Google assumes that your site doesn't answer a visitor's questions and you will be demoted in the search rankings.
Fri Jul 02 2021
Branding Company is pleased to offer our clients fully managed Google Ads campaigns at three different tiers, built to attract clients for your legal services, in your target area to maximize your budget. And for most packages, we do not even take a management fee on your advertising budget.
Sat Jun 26 2021
By doing smart SEO and making sure your expectations are realistic regarding the absolute amount of traffic and local leads you can aim for, you can ensure that your law practice will do better than your competitors and snag clients without expensive paid ads.
Sat Jun 26 2021
If your law firm doesn’t show up on that first page anywhere, how do you grow the business? You start by conducting a local SEO audit of your website.
Wed Jun 23 2021